Our time as students is quickly coming to a close. I never thought I'd say this, but there will be things about being a student (and the wife of a student) that I will miss. Right now I feel too young, or maybe a better word is naive, to be a real adult with a mortgage and membership in my child's PTO. It sometimes frightens me that I feel that I may be too ignorant to be in the real world. So, until I learn that I'm just overreacting, I'm going to list the things I'm grateful for when it comes to being a student.
- Financial Aid (there is NO way we would have made it without some support from "the man").
- Being the dutifully supportive wife. Mostly because I'm happy I'm done with school.
- Gaining a new family with each move we make. Not to mention an actual family member with our last move.
- Appreciating a dollar - and how dang good I am at stretching it.
- Knowing that I'll remember this as one of the best times in our lives.
- Watching Bradley light up when we tell him he goes to school just like Daddy does.
- Our family's support....even when we moved far away from all of them.
- Friends we've made at each stop.
- Being on our own and making our own decisions.
- Knowing that it's healthy for us to know what it's like to be poor.
- It being over....
Indeed one of the ultimate advantages of an education is simply coming to the end of it. ~ B. F. Skinner