Friday, June 06, 2008

Two New Weekdays

I thought you should know about the new weekdays that have been put into the western world's calendar. At least our calendar at home. Let me explain.

It's the first week of summer for us,

The first week that Bradley's home,

The first week of maintaining my house with three monkeys,

The first week of Emmy giving up her throne of decision-maker,

My first week of "event planner".

I could swear to you that someone threw in an extra two days this week! ...Friday? Really, it's Friday? Finally! I thought it was Friday on Wednesday. Today feels at least like Saturday. Did you happen to not notice Junsday and Yernsday? Because I sure did. You know, those two days that God threw in this week because He thought it'd be funny to watch me writhe around freaking out at what we're going to do ALL SUMMER LONG!

Panic.

9 comments:

Suzette said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who was on panic mode. We have had the longest week ever. I'm eithor going to kill my boys are they are going to kill eachother. Who said summer is fun? And how many more weeks of this insanity is there??

Bullock said...

Lol!! That's hilarious, the first few weeks of summer are always so hard for me too, MAJOR ADJUSTMENT. Can't wait to play more at Sea World with you guys though, that will help, if we can just keep from losing our kids!

Sheryl

Heidi Kjar said...

Ha! That cracks me up, I see all these moms in the grocery store now with all their kids with them and I can tell they are like, "oh boy here we go, summer is here!" love it. I'm telling you though, it's better than an 8-5 office job, I really think it is!

Beeks by the Lake said...

well, I hope your summer does improve!

I saw this site today and thought of you - since you recently posted about your daughter's ponytail.

http://shedoeshair.blogspot.com/

Audra said...

I hear ya! Well said!

Darin and Joanna said...

Amen sister! I feel the same way! I don't think I have commented on your blog (just the map at the bottom), but I check in on your family now and then. You are to funny! What a cute family you have. If you come up with some great things to keep your kids entertained, please share!!!!

Jodie Haney said...

NO KIDDING!!!!

janet said...

Sounds like you're ready to homeschool. Let me know if you need any tips! jk. But it's the adjustment that is hard. Give it a couple of weeks and your house will be the most exciting on the block!

Bonnie Wayne said...

I am totally with you - I have had to remind myself about 8 times today that it is NOT Saturday. Every hour it seems like I say to myself, "Oh yeah, its WEdnesday."

I guess it will take a few days get in the right mental frame for summer!...maybe a few more to figure out how to maintain sanity!

I Want to Hear From You!