Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Home Schooling Now - Not Really


Yesterday Bradley came home with 3 letters from school.

1. A lab confirmed case of pertussis has been reported in C* Elementary School. There's a 5-21 day incubation period. Watch for symptoms.

(Okay, I paraphrased a few things. You didn't really want to read it all.)

2. Flu vaccines administered in fall/winter 2008 do NOT protect against swine flu, and there is not a human vaccine for the illness. Due to our population density, school district communities are susceptible to the spread of illness. So wash your hands a lot. The school district is working with the government authorities on this matter and we've got your back. Even though we just said there is nothing we can do.

(Again, some paraphrasing.)
May I add that a 23-month old in TX died from this. The first death in the U.S.

3.
Two small snakes were found this week on school property [in the building]. Both were determined to be rattlesnakes and were exterminated by district personnel.

(I get the feeling some lunch lady came across them and took care of the matter herself.)

Did I mention that it's TAKS tests are going on this week? If you want to pass your grade level, you must pass the test. It's a requirement.

So let me just sum up what's been going on over in our neck of the woods. If only they'd let me write their letters, it would save them lots of time.


Please send you children to school if you want them to succeed in their education. They may die, but at least they won't repeat the 3rd grade.

3 comments:

Suzette said...

You should write the school letters from now on. You took the words right out of my mouth. I told Ryan that I'm going to die just from the fear of all these illnesses. I can't wait for summer where we can hibernate in our own little germ free bubble.

Shane, Meg, CJ, RJ, and AL said...

Rethinking that trip we want to make to Texas...

Bonnie Wayne said...

Y€s! I lov€ th€ public school syst€m. Th€y €mploy my husband, but you HAV€ got to wond€r som€tim€s....

My p€rsonal favorit€ is wh€n th€y shut his school down for gang thr€ats..

I Want to Hear From You!