I'm afraid my hand is healed.
I know that sounds like a good thing, but it still feels pretty sore. Here are some things I don't take for granted anymore:
- Shaking hands without cringing - I'm afraid it might break again if I meet "Mr/Ms Power Handshake".
- Wringing out a sponge - I was finally able to to it again last week.
- Straightening my fingers (well, almost). Bradley actually got the giggles in church yesterday just by looking at my hand.
- Writing - I can now pen my own constitution??? No, but I can finally make a legible grocery list.
Still can't do and afraid I won't ever again:
- Make a fist - for self defense reasons, I'm always fighting off paparazzi.
- Putting weight on the back of my hand. Like the use of my knuckles when I do my push-ups everyday, real bummer.
- Wear a ring on my right ring finger, making Steven sigh with relief while my sister, Kristen, tears up.
I'm going to go try my hand (pardon the terrible pun) at wrapping presents.
Let me know what you want, I mean, besides the Christmas Card.