Monday, December 17, 2007

Rash Guard

Yesterday, during church, Olivia seemed fussier than normal. She's usually good, and if she isn't, she's fine as long as we're standing with her. It just wasn't happenin'.

Because I'm leading singing time for the younger ones, Steven is on Oli-duty. By the end of church, he was pretty exhausted. I picked up the other two monkeys and headed over to relieve Steven. As I approached a weary husband and a screaming child, he said, "I think she's allergic to her dress."

Sure enough. Once she was undressed, it looked like she was wearing a shirt of rash (right where a surfer's rash guard should be). Her diaper and tights protected lots of her body. Poor thing.

Really, did I need another reason to NOT buy polyester? Okay it wasn't all polyester, it was only lined in polyester. But, it was really cute. Oh well. I'll just have to force myself to buy her another one.

4 comments:

Jodie Haney said...

POOR BABY!!! I have never heard of that.

Beeks by the Lake said...

I hate allergies - just hate them!

Brian said...

I'm calling Child Protective Services. Everyone knows babies are allergic to polyester. That is why almost every 35-year-old hates the '70s.

We'll take Livvy if you need us to. And Bradley. And Emmy (carrots and all). I just can't sit around and do nothing while these children develop rashes.

Audra said...

what girls have to go through to look cute! poor baby!

I Want to Hear From You!