Monday, October 16, 2006

Change CAN Be Good -- I Hope

The boundaries for the three wards that meet in our building were re-aligned yesterday. It was discussed at length that this would make our wards stronger, and us as Latter-day Saints stronger. I know it is true. Due to this action, I was released from my current responsibilities.....but only for about 4 hours. Needless to say, I'm finding myself in a challenging position serving many sisters whom I've never met. My previous Stake calling is giving me a little edge. I was able to work with some of them in the past. Either way, I know this is the Lord's will and this is where He needs me to be at this time in my life. I'm praying daily for guidance and understanding in those things that I need to take care of. This always includes my family and myself. Sometimes I find myself forgetting those things and my priorities can become skewed. My leaders are just that, leaders. They guide and direct me in a way no one else can. Our church's organization is unlike any other. It is the Lord's Church and with this knowledge I gain strength and continue on.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

HP ward will miss you, but I'm sure they were glad to snag you... You are a great leader and you will do well. Are you SURE about Super Saturday???? ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mindy, this is off topic, but what is a podcast???

Anonymous said...

You will do great Mindy! (o: So fun to see your blog... I love the quilts!

Lori said...

So you changed wards? Do you still go to the same building as we used to? What are your new callings?

I Want to Hear From You!