Friday, February 09, 2007

Money is Wicked...

....especially when it's scarce.

I recently found out that my health insurance these past two months has mistakenly put me under the wrong plan -- a plan that my doctor doesn't take. Lovely. This not only comes during the mid-pregnancy ultrasound ($235), but I have a thyroid condition that requires lab work every 4 weeks that costs about $200 each time. Not to mention the $80 check-ups that have come up twice now in those two months.
Babies are awfully expensive when you don't have insurance. I'm praying that there is retro-eligiblity....especially since it was THEIR FAULT! Ugh. I think I'm feeling picked on.

Oh ya, we had to replace the axle on the Carolla last week. Can you say, "cha-ching"?

5 comments:

Audra said...

Ouch! Good luck with that! That totally stinks.

Leslie said...

Tell me about it. we had car repairs this week too. hate that.

Lori said...

Oh I am so sorry! Medical stuff is expensive but even more so when you are pregnant! I hope it all works out for you! Let us know what happens!

Angela said...

Ouch... I sure hope they can correct the mistake, and get you covered for past and present expenses! Good luck!

tara said...

I have been through this so I feel your pain. We are being forced to carry the PPO instead of the HMO and it is costly... I agree... money is evil!

I Want to Hear From You!