Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Let it Flow

I have a little counter.
If you scroll down a bit you'll see it under WHO'S INTERESTED? over there on the right-hand side. The website that I use to help me count my visitors sends me an update every once in a while to give me a few stats on my blog. My last statistic informed me I average 74 visits daily. Hmm, that's funny because only an average of 5 or 6 of you comment. I had no idea that many people were reading my blog. Why don't you let me know you're reading my blog?
It's not like you don't know how to type. You certainly found this website without a problem. Use those lovely fingers of yours and let your thoughts flow. Go on, it's therapeutic.

9 comments:

John said...

I don't mean to burst your bubble but probably 10 of those a day are from me. Not necessarily because I am in love with you, but because of this:
I work in front of a computer all day. So for a break I surf a little bit. One of the hits is your blog (yes, you should feel honored). Most of them time it is, "oh, Mindy hasn't blogged anything in awhile . . . yawn" and then I check back again in an hour . . . nothing (I say to myself, "Blog something Mindy") repeat these steps thoughout the day.
Now, the wifey, she reads (when I force her) and rarely posts so your comments would apply to her.

I just wanted to let you know that I am solely the reason why you are feeling popular. At least I think it counts each hit to your blog and not each hit per person per day. How would it know?

Lori said...

I agree! It's always fun to get comments and see who is reading your blogs!

Natalie said...

ya I agree - those who read but don't comment are like evesdroppers, don't you agree? comments should be frequent and free-flowing, unless people just don't have anything nice to say, in which case "just keep it to yourself, please.", right? :D

Emma said...

Honestly, I will look at your blog more than once a day. Sometimes I don't have time to comment, so I come back later. I don't want to put a counter on mine, because I'm wary of the disappointing results.

John said...

Way to go Mindy, now you made Emma feel bad.

Brian said...

Sometimes I just come to this site, hit "refresh" about 60 times, and let John do the other 10. It seemed like a good idea at first, and now it has finally paid off...

Kiss Olivia for us!

Mindy said...

ugh, boys.

Ashley said...

How do you get a counter? That sounds like fun!

Jessi said...

Sorry, I'm guilty!! I read your blog but don't always comment. So, count me in the 74 (although I'm more of a weekly reader).

I Want to Hear From You!