Thursday, June 21, 2007

Parent's Visit

I'm needing to back track a couple of events since I've been busier than normal.

First, the parent's visit.
When my parents first got here we asked them if there was anything in particular they wanted to do while they were in the A* area. My Dad had read about the top 5 burger joints in the nation in the Wall Street Journal. One of them happened to be downtown called Dirty's. He thought we should try it out. Only my brothers and sisters will appreciate the true irony in this request.
We also took them to a couple of local places that we take lots of our visitors to.

The fam at Chuy's.
We also went to see the infamous bats. Here's a good, quality picture of the event.
What? You don't see anything? Yeah, neither did about half the crowd. However, we did see this as it flew onto my diaper bag. More people were oohing and awing at this little guy than they were at the bats. We laid the credit card down so you could tell how big this thing was. Some girl told us it's a "longhorn beetle" ... very appropriate.

Thanks Mom and Dad for the great visit. We had a blast and can't wait to see you again.

4 comments:

Brian said...

For all the concern over privacy, it is interesting that I can read your credit card number from the picture. I'm zooming in as we speak.

See you in C*!

Mindy said...

Since it's the credit card I picked from your wallet last year, I'm okay with that.

Brian said...

Oh *that* credit card. I maxed that out in '82. I just keep it for when I find a spider and need to compare for sizing purposes. So, we're good.

Julianne said...

I looked for the cc number, but couldn't see it, I had my shopping basket filled at gap.com, shucks!

I Want to Hear From You!