Saturday, August 11, 2007

Catchup

No, I didn't spell the ever-loved condiment wrong.

I got back from Utah Wednesday night at 2 in the morning (I guess that's technically Thursday morning). We had turned our AC off while we were gone. We cranked it up as our house was 90 degrees (I can only imagine how hot it was that afternoon at 5pm) and as our luck would have it, the coils froze over. I realized this the next morning when our house wasn't getting any cooler than 84 degrees and water was beginning to leak into the light fixtures in the kitchen.

And the solution for un-freezing coils??? Yup, turn off the AC for 6-8 hours.

So, Thursday night we all laid in the living room in our unmentionables and tried sleeping through the yuck. Apparently we weren't the only ones with an outage. The AC guys didn't get to my house until 6pm yesterday to refill the freon and make my house livable again. I still haven't unpacked a thing (it didn't help that one of our bags ended up in Minnesota for a short time), done any laundry (we don't have a line outside and I wasn't about to turn my dryer on), or cooked a meal (that probably wouldn't have been done regardless of the oppressive heat). But like John so lovingly commented, my laptop doesn't run on AC. Today I'm playing catchup. But I'm playing it in 75 degrees. Now THAT I can handle.

Pics and such are coming soon.

11 comments:

Emma said...

welcome back. I await the vacation review!

MIL said...

We were ever so grateful to share in your vacation and the beautiful blessing. We're also grateful we didn't share in your outage...... How's that for a MIL's message :>)

lv ya

John said...

So why do you have a picture of a barbque pit? That doesn't match your story.

just kidding.

Why haven't you posted the pictures yet? Oh, its Sunday and you will be a church for the rest of the day.

I will just be sitting here waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and waiting . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and waiting . . . . .

Angela said...

Hope you had a good time, sounds like we were in Utah at the same time. Sorry you were greeted so well upon your return! What a shock from the lovely Utah evenings to Texas with out AC!

John said...

Wait, who is MIL? What happen to fluffy. I want fluffy back!

Jodie Haney said...

I had the same thing happen to us this weekend...They just made it today to fix the durn thing. It's cool now, thank goodness!!!
I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're back!

Lori said...

YOU WERE IN UTAH AND DIDN'T TELL ME!!! AHHH! I WOULD HAVE DRIVEN TO SEE YOU GUYS! TOO BAD WE MISSED YOU WE WOULD HAVE LOVED TO VISIT YA!

Mindy said...

I know, I know, Lori. There was about a million people we wanted to tell, but we knew there was just not enough time. We would have loved to see you guys, too.

Please FORGIVE US!

John said...

Mindy ya'll are some jerks. You can't even visit your friends while you are visiting in the state.

Gosh!

MIL said...

John, loved your comment about fluffy. Sometimes I miss her too but now that I'm older, and I know Mindy loves me, MIL fits :>)

I Want to Hear From You!