Thursday, August 30, 2007

Who's Afraid Now?

Today I'm making an appointment with the dentist for my kids and, gulp, me.

I'm scared out of my mind.

I haven't been to the dentist in over 5 years. I know, cringe. That's just the way it goes when your a student (and/or the wife of one) and don't have dental insurance. Now I'm paying a monthly premium that I can't stand to have it going to waste. Lately my teeth have been feeling a little, um, sensitive. This is the cause of my anxiety and fear. You know that burning smell when they drill. Ick.

I've been putting this off all summer. In fact, the only reason I'm blogging about it is so there's a sense of commitment on my part. Like writing about it will make it a priority of today's responsibilities. After living in a huge medical center, I have way too many dentist friends or friends with husbands in dental school to actually be admitting this weakness of mine. Hopefully I'm not offending any of them. If it makes them feel any better, I do like getting plaque scraped off of my teeth. It's official: I'm weird.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Good for you. I've never had a problem with dentists, but then I've never had any major work done besides cavity fillings and wisdom teeth removal. Oh wait I did have a root canal in high school. It hurt, but it wasn't too bad.

John said...

Wow. Do I really need to say anything else here? Seriously? Seriously.

MIL said...

So, were you brave in front of the kids? Need any work done after your five year break?

I Want to Hear From You!