Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Almost There


We're so close to the end of this contest, I can taste it (no pun intended, unless the pun tastes like chocolate).

I gave my contesters a few ideas on how to get that last little bit off before the next weigh-in (this upcoming Monday, the 30th). Besides the obvious ones like
1) subsist on 300 calories a day or
2) jog in place when your in line at the grocery store or at work checking your email,

here were some of my [other] ideas:

  • Shave. Everything.
  • Better yet, wax (the microscopic hairs underneathe the skin may count for something).
  • Clean out your ears.
  • Remove all jewelry, make-up, polish, etc.
  • Showering will do some of this, just make sure you're adequately dry.
  • Blow your nose.
  • Go get your hair cut this week.
  • Trim your nails, especially those toes. Eck.
  • Brush your teeth (studies show plaque weighs more than fat and muscle combined - not really, I have no idea).
  • Get nakey (I know, TMI!)
I figure all those things may add up to half an ounce and then the scales may tip in their favor. Contrary to popular belief, I'd love it if everyone won their money back (unless, of course, I was the sole winner...$1720!!!).

Also, if you've ever had to have a colonoscopy, you know the preparation for that usually makes you lose 1-3 pounds because you have to clean out your entire system. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Please feel free to comment and give them any more of your ideas. I'm sure they'd be appreciated by me, er, I mean them.

I still have one pound until my license is accurate (awkward)
not to mention the other 2.5% to make my goal.
Gah!

Next contest [tentative] date: July 31st (post vacation & pre-holiday)

3 comments:

Truman Jensen said...

Netti pot works better than blowing your nose.

Jodie Haney said...

Fish and veggies, fish and veggies and more fish and veggies. If that isn't working, protein bars.

Jodie Haney said...

Don't work out anymore this week...it adds weight and hunger.

I Want to Hear From You!