Every year in or close to October, our church has the children put on the entire sacrament meeting program. Everyone looks forward to it. The children prepare songs and usually a short part to say into a microphone and teachers and leaders get to show off what they've been teaching the children since January.
Here are my top 10 reasons that one would know today was the day of the program.
- The parking lot is full by 8:50am - a rarity. NO, an absolute wonder.
- The congregation is twice its normal number (requiring the back of the chapel to be opened up to a gymnasium).
- It took me 4 trips to load up my car with stuff to aid in leading the music.
- Teachers look weary with a distorted smile plastered to their face.
- Parents proudly look on tearfully as their child recites 5 memorized words.
- The 11-year old boys look about as mortified if their mother dropped them off at the mall in her curlers and robe.
- The Primary presidency looks like they're on the 22nd mile of a marathon.
- The noise that usually comes from these kids during sacrament meeting is organized and beautiful.
- Hearing aids need replaced after the 4-year old class nearly swallows the microphone while yelling their part.
for knowing your primary
had it's annual program today is:
10. The children are all sleeping and it's 2 in the afternoon.